Your Goals. Our Mission.
Daniel Hernandez, Esq.
- Family Law
- Child Custody
Daniel R. Hernandez is a Founder and Principal Attorney at NextLevel Law, P.C. As an advocate and legal counsel, Daniel assists families going through divorce, child custody and support, and DCFS proceedings. His experience is wide-ranging. Daniel has advocated on behalf of mothers, fathers, and even grandparents. Daniel is regularly appointed by Circuit Court judges to advocate on behalf of children as Guardian Ad Litem and Child Representative. Daniel also assists homebuyers and sellers through real estate transactions, bringing parties together to ensure a smooth transition and closing process.
In addition to Daniel’s legal practice, Daniel has a passion for assisting the LGBT and Latino communities by volunteering his time to different nonprofit and membership associations. Daniel is the Chair of the LGBT Committee at the Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois. He also serves as the Memebership Chair of the LGBT Division at the Hispanic National Bar Association. Daniel is a member of the American Bar Association and served as Vice-Chair on the Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Committee of the Young Lawyers Division. Daniel has written multiple publications and continuously follows issues effecting LGBT Latinos. In 2018, he co-chaired the HNBA LGBT Division’s Annual LGBT Summit, bringing together panelist from across the nation to discuss issues effecting the LGBT Community and forming a plan of action.
Daniel serves as the Vice-President of the Board of Directors at Between Friends, a Chicago nonprofit agency that provides free social services to survivors of Domestic Violence while also educating our youth on domestic violence prevention education. Daniel’s passion, determination, and hard work is recognized by his peers and the overall community. In 2016, he received the Favorite `Adjunct Professor Award by UIC John Marshall Law School Student Bar Association. He is also a recipient of the Windy City Times as a 30 under 30 Award (2018); Rising Star by Super Lawyers (2019; 2020); Negocios Now Latinos 40 under 40 (2019); Young Lawyer of the Year by HLAI (2019); and BEQ Pride Magazine 40 LGBTQ Leaders Under 40. On his spare time, Daniel enjoys spending time with family, exercising, and participating in intermural sports.
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Juris Doctor - 2016
- Honors: Student Bar Association, President, 2015-2016
- Florida International University, Miama, Florida
- B.A. - 2011
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Health Sevices Administration
- Illinois, 2016
- National 40 LGBTQ Leaders Under 40, Business Equality Magazine (2020)
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine (2020)
- Young Lawyer of the Year, Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois (2019)
- Distinguished Service Award, Chicago Volunteer Legal Services (2019)
- Top Contributor Award, Business Network International (2019)
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine (2019)
- Top 30 Under 30, Windy City Times (2018)
- Latinos 40 Under 40, Negocios Now Magazine (2018)
- Favorite Adjunct Professor, UIC John Marshall Law School (2016)
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Services - Volunteer/Pro Bono Attorney, 2017 to Present
- Hispanic National Bar Association, LGBT Division, Communications Chair, 2014 to Present
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois, LGBTQ Committee, Chair, 2017 to Present
- The John Marshall Law School - Student Bar Assoc., President, 2015 to 2016
- American Bar Association, Member
- National Hispanic Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Lesbian and Gay Bar Association of Chicago, Member
Current Employment Position
- UIC John Marshall Law School, Adjunct Professor, 2016 to 2019
- Loevy & Loevy
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Hon. Pamela Meyerson of the Circuit Court of Cook County