Advocating For LGBTQ Rights
Chicago’s LGBTQ community is thriving. However, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and other members of the community still face many unique challenges when it comes to handling legal matters.
At NextLevel Law, P.C, our attorneys are committed to helping members of the LGBTQ community overcome these challenges. Protecting the rights and futures of LGBTQ folks in the legal arena means everything to us. We care about this community because we are part of this community. As a 100% LGBTQ-owned law firm, we pride ourselves on being compassionate, zealous advocates.
Equipped To Handle A Range Of Matters
Our legal services to the LGBTQ community are comprehensive. Our goal is to be the premier Chicago law firm for LGBTQ law matters, able to represent lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and other members of the community in any legal matter they face. Among the many matters we can handle are:
- Family law: From prenuptial agreements, adoptions and surrogacy agreements to divorce and child custody matters, we are here to make sure that LGBTQ folks are protected through all phases of any family law matter.
- Name changes: We handle name changes following divorce, for transgender people and in all other situations, and can also provide guidance on changing names and gender markers on birth certificates and other documents.
- Discrimination claims: We fight against discrimination in any context. If you have been discriminated against at work, while seeking medical care, at a business or elsewhere because you are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, we can help you pursue justice. We handle all employment law, civil rights law and other forms of discrimination claims.
- Estate planning: We help LGBTQ individuals and families create estate plans, including wills, trusts and other mechanisms.
- Criminal defense: Our lawyers defend members of the LGBTQ who have been accused of crimes ranging from drunk driving to marijuana possession and other drug charges to fraud and beyond.
- HIV/AIDS law: We protect the rights of people diagnosed with HIV or AIDS under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We handle all HIV/AIDS law related matters from discrimination to medical malpractice to insurance disputes.
- Civil litigation: We represent LGBTQ people in civil litigation of all kinds, including handling civil claims for hate crime victims, assault victims, libel victims, victims of police mistreatment and more.
Our goal is to make legal matters less intimidating by keeping you involved, explaining the details of the law to you and making sure you understand all available options before moving forward. Much of our work is proactive, creating documents ranging from premarital agreements to wills to child custody agreements designed to minimize legal challenges further down the line. However, when a legal dispute arises, we have the knowledge of the law and the strength to further your goals, whether through negotiation or at trial.
All Are Welcome Here
We believe it goes without saying that all are welcome at our law firm, including people at all income levels. We realize that legal representation may seem cost prohibitive to some. We strive to make our services financially accessible, and one of the ways we accomplish it is by providing flat-fee legal services. Instead of billing you by the hour and leaving you wondering exactly how much your final bill will be, we will examine your case and quote you a single flat fee for our services. There will be no wondering about what you will end up paying, just a clear cost for a clear service.
We welcome your questions. Call us at 312-442-2225 or send us an email to schedule a consultation.